Not normally Trek fans – we’re unabashedly Europhilic as this blog can attest – but this seems nice.
1984 Trek 660 Road Bike, 57cm, Upgraded, Excellent – $550
Here is some real, vintage American muscle — made right here in the U.S. of A and hung with top-notch components. Overall this bike is in excellent condition, and I just thoroughly cleaned, rebuilt and upgraded the entire machine. This bike has a very smooth and solid ride. It purrs along at a decent clip, but it’s ready to jump anytime you put the hammer down. At speed it handles like it’s on rails.
– High quality Reynolds 531 cs lugged steel frame hand brazed in Waterloo, Wisconsin; 57cm (22.5″)
– Full Campagnolo Nuovo Record drive train
– Maillard 700 Professional hubs (these are Campy smooth) laced to Matrix rims (true)
– Modolo brakes with Dia Compe Aero Gran Compe levers
– Upgrades: New Stronglight headset, Cinelli stem/handlebars, Campy fluted seatpost, Campy Record pedals, Avocet Racing II saddle
– New: Panaracer Pasela tires, cables, chain, handlebar tape, MKS toe clips and Christophe leather straps