Never heard of him/them. More information here.
Rare french randonneur from Marcel Dejouannet, Bressuire.
Serial number 7709, it’s the 9th bike of 1977. Built in Reynolds 531 5/10eme for the 3 tubes.
Wheels in 700 / Size :
vertical tube ( c to c) : 53/53,5CM (if I see correct) x horizontal tube : 54 CM
The only noticeable flaw on the bike is a chrome missing on around 1 square centimeter on one of the 2 tube’s fork ( the right one)
other things you see on rear chrome is dust.
The global condition is great, it’s stunning bike, perfectly working.
The components are great :
– Frame of 1977, wonderful fork job, Dejouannet engraved on it.
– Brakes lever Spidel
– Handlebar Philippe Professionnel ATAX
– Stem Philippe
– Headset Stronglight very beautiful ( 107 ?)
– Bottom bracket Stronglight Competition
– crankset triple Stronglight 93
– Pedals Campagnolo 1037 Record Strada ( I suppose)
– Hubs Campagnolo 1035, Record Strada (High flange)
– Brakes Mafac Mafac 2000 gold on braze-on.
– For rims, One is a Super Champion Gentleman, another one is a Wolber.
– Front derailleur Simplex
– Rear derailleur Shimano Deore XT
– Front and rear racks are typically Dejouannet.Rear is totally à-la-René Herse,
with this tube going from rack to the brake, without touching the mudguard
– mudgard in aluminium in good condition ( a little poc on the rear side)
– Brooks saddle
I sell it for size reasons. With all my will, i’m too big for it, and it drives me even more nuts to be on it not feeling good. I would have kept it in 55 or 56. It rides really perfectly !